Monday, March 26, 2012

Solar Lantern


When Christmas was over and we took down the tree, I didn't want to put away the solar lights, so I came up with this idea to use a lantern we had to make a solar night light.  That's what I said, anyway, but the truth is that I love the lights of the holidays and this is a manageable and no expense way to keep the lights all year!


They are just one 100 bulb set of led lights that recharge with the sunlight (the solar charger sits on the window sill just behind the lantern) or if it's a darker day, I put a rechargeable battery in that will last for 2-3 days. It makes a great night light and I plan to make a few more for the rest of the house. 


This is such a fun way to save money...unplug all the night lights and shut off the lights at night, it will make a difference with your electric bill, but I think it will make a bigger difference with your attitude. To me, it is like being in a fort with a flashlight when I was young.


When we wake up at night to take the dog out, it makes me smile to see these lights. Really, that is what matters more than saving money, more than anything...finding and surrounding ourselves with the little things that make us smile, and keep our hearts young. 


What does that for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment