Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rustic Wood Ornament






I was looking for a crafty idea for a favor at our holiday party as well as an ornament for 
co-workers and friends to give them with their holiday cards.

I found wood rounds on Etsy that were pre-drilled and had bark around the edges. 
Super cute and had the look I wanted: Rustic and hand made.

When I thought of what I wanted for decorating the ornaments, I decided to use materials I already had in my crafting box.  So, I used jingle bells of various sizes and colors, penguin charms, ribbons, and small rubber stamps with different inks.




I remembered a package of clear treat bags that the ornaments fit perfectly in. 
I tied them off with red and white string.


Perfect favor for our holiday party!


What I like about this craft is that I could easily change it up and paint the wood and use a wood stain and varnish to seal. There are so many sizes of wood rounds and an endless amount of potential crafting to be done! 






No comments:

Post a Comment