Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Ambitions

Life is a series of events.

I expect 2014 will bring a series of challenges, adventures, gains and losses ~ I'm ready for it.

I took the month of January off from writing, etc. - to spend some time thinking about what I would like to be part of in 2014. Other than the day to day of working a job - I have several things that I want to work on this year:

~ Family & Friends - Monthly family dinners and more time with friends and family. Expressing my love and appreciation more and building memories that will last forever.
~  Music - Playing Guitar, Clarinet & Singing more - there is so much happiness in music!
~ Writing - this blog/website & the book I am working on
~ Gardening - work on our lot and making it sustainable
~ Permaculture - work on a new project of sustainability
~ Simplifying / Minimalism - continue to pare down on my personal belongings and lessen the footprint I have in this world
~ Health - continue to work toward healthy living / gluten free and as close to paleo/primal as possible.
~ Volunteer - find a way to work in the community to help lessen the food insecurity in our city
~ Inspiration - see the miracles and the inspiring people all around me and learn from them.

Most importantly, I plan to spend less time on things and more time on the people I value in my life. More time enjoying the amazing life that I have been given, and less time being caught up in the trivial setbacks that happen.

I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and every day is a gift.  For a little while, I forgot what should be a priority, and now I remember...

With the changes to my plans, I will be changing the way that I blog ~ giving one day a week to each of the topics I am focusing on.

Happy 2014 Everyone! I hope to change the world this year - or at the very least, I hope to live in a way that I am changed and add value to this amazing life I have been given...







No comments:

Post a Comment