Sunday, May 12, 2013

Toads, Apple Blossoms & a Paw-Paw Tree

The garden is changing so quickly - plants I took photos of yesterday have already changed. I want to be sure I document things that are new to me so I don't forget and have a reference from year to year of where things are how they change and where they show up on their own. Because  plants are making their own decisions only one year into this - and growing where they were not planted...

First - after the past couple of days of rain we have seen several toads. I think this one is an American Toad. What is important to remember, is that we never had toads in our yard before it was a garden.



One of the apple trees has blossoms. We won't let them grow this year, except maybe one to taste it. It's so encouraging to see that these trees we planted only last year have done well through the winter and are acting like they should in spring!




The Paw-Paw Tree - just planted a few weeks ago is getting leaves. This will be the tallest of the trees and is planted in the back corner of our lot.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have put so much work into your backyard and made it into something special.

    ReplyDelete