Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Vacationing at home: Day 2

Yesterday we woke up early, and as Rob took Pippin for his yearly check up and shots, I took my quiz for the on-line Permaculture course I am taking.

Pippin is healthy and happy to be back home. He isn't really fond of vet visits...

And I passed my quiz. All that is left now, is to finish the design I am working on for our home, yard, & garden and turn it in.

We also went down to the True Value Hardware on Hamilton Street to find some jars to store the new flours we ordered. We bought some great canning jars that are 1/2 gallon size - perfect for storing flours and grains! I have all the supplies I need now to start mixing and experimenting with the different gluten-free flours.

All of the flours, Xantham Gum, and Coconut oil


Awesome and very useful jars
Tapioca pearls, Coconut flour, Tapioca Flour, White Rice Flour, Buckwheat
Xanthan Gum, and Coconut Oil




While we were watering the veggie beds, we pulled out one of the Purple Dragon Carrots to see how they are doing... and they are almost ready to can - although I have read that they turn a really interesting shade of brown when they are canned. I guess we'll use those in stews  =)

Purple Carrots have the same anti-oxidants that are in blueberries and are delicious!

    












1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Pippin's Vet visit went well and that he is doing well, have you thought about a vet that visit the house, I have the number to the one that sees Piglet and I can give you her number, she is very good. I can also make a photocopy of all of the things she does with pricing, she also gives estimates.

    Glad to hear that you were able to find different types of flour to work with and hope you do good on you Permaculture quiz.

    ReplyDelete